« What's For Dinner? | Main | What's For Dinner? »

March 23, 2007

Crab Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

Crab Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

This recipe is a cross between deviled crabs and crab cakes, nested on a portabella mushroom cap. I initially got the idea a few years ago when watching Rachel Ray (Note: This was a LONG time ago given now I can't even see her without immediately flinching. Good God, that woman is annoying!) and I tweaked majorly, because her recipes often don't turn out the way they are supposed to. It's hearty enough to easily be a main dish.

What You'll Need:
1 cup of lump crabmeat (Note: NOT imitation crab.)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 a bell pepper, chopped
1/2 a red onion, chopped
1 rib of celery, chopped
1 slice of whole grain bread, toasted and crumbled into bread crumbs
1-2 teaspoons of Old Bay Seasoning (In my opinion the more the better, but it's a little spicy so if you're not into that then go with less)
A pinch of sea salt
2 large portabella mushroom caps
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 400 F.

In a baking dish place two portabella mushroom caps gill side up and set aside.

In a bowl mix all ingredients except for olive oil and mushrooms. Stir to incorporate thoroughly and spoon mixture evenly between the two mushrooms to form a mound. Sprinkle with some extra virgin olive oil and bake for 15-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Makes two servings.

Posted by Dianne at March 23, 2007 9:03 AM

Comments

She drives me nuts too.

Posted by: Dar at March 23, 2007 1:42 PM

She's too shrill.

No one is ever that cheerful all the time and you know she has to be the biggest bitch of all time behind the scenes.

"Yumo" is not a word and explaining "EVOO" everytime you say it is just like nails on a chalkboard!

Oh and buy some clothes that fit properly!

OK, there's my rant on RR. I feel so much better now! ;o)

Posted by: Dianne at March 23, 2007 1:48 PM

Yeah ... I've officially worn tired of Rachel Ray. Don't want to negate her success because she has to ride the tide while it is high but, even though she has some great ideas, she just grins too much for me. Maybe I'm just not happy enough.

Posted by: Qusan at March 26, 2007 6:44 AM

I think it's because the smile never reaches her eyes. It seems fake.

Posted by: Dianne at March 26, 2007 9:13 AM

My god I thought I was the only one. My boyfriend was like what, who? and we watched one of her shows and hes like shes just happy.. BAH i tell ya not fun that night. Anyways haha this sounds good I love mushrooms.

Posted by: Vicky at June 3, 2008 11:09 PM

She's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I really feel sorry for her though. I don't think she's happy at all, she seems very bitter, but trying desperately to cover that up with faux cheeriness. Very sad.

Posted by: Dianne at June 4, 2008 11:54 AM