« What's For Dinner? Memorial Day Edition! | Main | Tuesdays with Dorie: Pecan Honey Sticky Buns »

May 26, 2008

Corn On The Cob With Thyme

Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob with Thyme

It's almost summer and fresh produce is starting to come in! When I saw some local corn (which in all honesty I kind of doubt the local part given how much rain we've had and how cold it's been up to this point!) I had to grab some! Alexis and I both love corn, so how could we pass that up?

When you think corn on the cob most likely you think boiled and then served with some butter, salt and pepper, but it doesn't have to be. You can roast it using some foil and season it up with a few herbs, giving you a delicious, healthy side dish. And to top it off this is the perfect picnic or barbeque food! What's not to like?

What You'll Need Per Person:
1 ear of corn
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Dried thyme
Coarse sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven 425 F.

Shuck and clean an ear of corn and place it in a square of aluminum foil.

Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob with Thyme: Pre-Seasoning

Using a basting brush brush the entire ear with olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme, sea salt and black pepper.

Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob with Thyme: Sprinkled and Ready

Fold the foil around to make a packet and place corn on a baking pan.

Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob with Thyme: Ready for the Oven

Bake for 20-25 minutes until corn is tender.

Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob with Thyme

Notes: You could do this with any herb you like. Another good topper for corn is Old Bay Seasoning. This method can also be used on the grill by placing the foil packet on the grill for 10-15 minutes.

Posted by Dianne at May 26, 2008 8:14 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Corn On The Cob With Thyme:

» What's For Dinner? from Diannes Dishes
Jamison is having left over turkey and some sort of potato. Alexis and I are having pan seared scallops, corn on the cob with thyme (or maybe rosemary or Old Bay...) We also got some lovely local orange tomatoes... [Read More]

Tracked on July 11, 2008 1:36 PM

» What's For Dinner? from Diannes Dishes
Last night I really regretted heating up the oven for the pizza no matter how delicious it was! It made our upstairs unbearably hot! So tonight we're having another slow cooker night! I put some pot roast into the... [Read More]

Tracked on July 13, 2008 2:11 PM

Comments

I am going to try this corn today! My neighbors just found out they are pregnant so the husband and I are going to surprise the wife with a candlelight dinner. They love prime rib and I have gobs of leftovers. They're going to have Yorkshire pudding and your corn. I am so glad you posted the corn recipe today. I hope this doesn't make you cringe, but I usually just microwave the corn for 7-8 minutes. This recipe sounds very flavorful. Thank you!

Posted by: Noelle Markus at May 26, 2008 1:41 PM

Oh, I love cooking corn like this! We go super lazy and douse them with Italian dressing before we wrap them in foil. It's pretty hard to ruin them.

Posted by: Allie at May 26, 2008 1:54 PM

Have I mentioned that I've been on a loosing streak with ruining food lately?

Posted by: Allie at May 26, 2008 7:11 PM

Noelle I hope your neighbors enjoyed the corn!

Oh Italian dressing sounds really good! On the ruining food...What happened?

Posted by: Dianne at May 26, 2008 8:31 PM

My neighbors did enjoy the corn, and so did I! I made extra to try at lunch. This will be the way I make corn from now on. Thank you so much! I grow thyme, can you use fresh, or is it better to use dried spices?

Posted by: Noelle Markus at May 27, 2008 9:38 PM

Fresh herbs work great too. Rosemary is another one I like to do from time to time.

Posted by: Dianne at May 28, 2008 9:36 AM