« Gluten-Free Buttermilk Waffles | Main | What's For Dinner? »

May 30, 2008

It's going to be a warm one today so I don't want to heat up the oven and thus the house. I've missed my window for anything slow cooker related, so that's out. We have a few left overs so we may just make it a left over night. I might have another salad since I have steak and blue cheese dressing left over, or we may get take out...Hibachi for Jamison, sushi for me and rice and edamame for Alexis, but I need to balance the checkbook first.

As you can see I'm as indecisive as I was yesterday.

Update: 5:47 PM: Leftovers it is!

Posted by Dianne at May 30, 2008 12:59 PM

Comments

These days I'm also loathe to fire up the oven as we're still trying to keep from turning the AC on. Makes me wish we could just take the oven outside when the weather gets warm.

Posted by: mickey at May 30, 2008 2:52 PM

I'm all for not heating up the kitchen. I think we really need a grill. It would solve a lot of issues.

Posted by: Dianne at May 30, 2008 3:36 PM

slow cooker bbq chicken (although I'm cheating and using my last bottle of icky store-bought sauce)
steamed orange AND yellow carrots and green beans (fresh / frozen respectively)
corn on the cob (where is this coming from -- 'cause you know it's not local!!)
and probably some of the bread I bought at the dutch market yesterday. :)
I was going to do macaroni and cheese, but realized after I got home that I'm out of cream cheese. SO . . . I either need to find a recipe I like that doesn't need cream / cottage cheese, or just make mashed potatoes instead. :)

Wanna come over for dinner? :oP

Posted by: katherine at May 30, 2008 3:36 PM

I think you have enough company coming to your house today! ;oP

I saw some corn the other day that was labeled "local" but you and I both know it hasn't been sunny or warm enough for local sweet corn yet!

Posted by: Dianne at May 30, 2008 3:43 PM

My husband has a cold, and now my throat is starting to hurt as well...I am going to find a recipe for chicken noodle soup.

Posted by: Noelle Markus at May 30, 2008 6:48 PM

Chicken noodle soup is always a good thing, especially when you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.

Posted by: Dianne at May 30, 2008 7:21 PM