« What's For Dinner? | Main | Corn On The Cob With Thyme »

May 26, 2008

What's For Dinner? Memorial Day Edition!

What's For Dinner Memorial Day Graphic

It's Memorial Day! The first unofficial day of summer and the temperatures are actually going to climb in to the high 80's to prove it! What better time to pull out some picnic food and have a little get together?

My sister and her husband are coming over with Nelson and Grant (baby toes!) and we're going to have a nice afternoon of fun. We're going to have some pulled pork with some barbeque sauce, potato salad, baked beans, slaw, corn on the cob, some spinach artichoke dip for snacking and my completed Daring Bakers challenge, which will be revealed on Wednesday.

Posted by Dianne at May 26, 2008 8:03 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference What's For Dinner? Memorial Day Edition!:

» What's For Dinner? from Diannes Dishes
Tonight we're going to have left overs from yesterday's Memorial Day feast for two reasons: 1) I'm tired today and don't want to cook and 2) We do have left overs and they need to be used. I'll most... [Read More]

Tracked on May 27, 2008 3:06 PM

Comments

That sounds terrific! I have one sister in New Zealand and one in Minnesota, and I live in Los Angeles so I love to hear about family get togethers! I am FRYING (I talk a lot about roasting, but this is a holiday...) turkey cutlets and frying fresh cheese ravioli that is rolled in cornmeal. If I knew how, I'd fry some ice cream for desert!

Posted by: Noelle Markus at May 26, 2008 1:34 PM

My sister and I both live here in MD. She has a two year old and a new 2 month old baby. I spent the afternoon with baby snuggles. It was a lot of fun! Plus we got to catch up since we hadn't seen each other in a few weeks. It was fun. :o)

Oh and holidays are all about frying. I want to fry a turkey for Thanksgiving this year...

Posted by: Dianne at May 26, 2008 8:38 PM

I have never made a turkey (other than cutlets) ever. I am scared of the turkey. Every year I am a guest, never the hostess. If you do fry a turkey, I hope you will give baby step-by-step directions.

Posted by: Noelle Markus at May 26, 2008 11:21 PM

My second grade class is going to howl when I tell them I wrote desert instead of dessert.

Posted by: Noelle Markus at May 27, 2008 7:34 AM

We have a turkey fryer, but we've never had the room to use it, though now we do. We're going to do a fish fry next month after Alexis' birthday party and test it out. It should be fun.

And as for typos, my fingers often get ahead of themselves! ;o)

Posted by: Dianne at May 28, 2008 9:52 AM