« Not Tuesdays With Dorie, But No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake Instead! | Main | More To Come This Afternoon... »

June 10, 2008

Alexis loves beans and has been asking for them for a few days. Yesterday afternoon we threw some into a bowl and let them soak overnight. This morning we put them in the slow cooker. Jamison doesn't like beans (or more aptly has most likely never tried them and just says he doesn't like them) so he's getting left over roast beef and a microwave "baked" potato (not as good as an oven baked potato, but it's 100 degrees outside!) We'll also have a salad.

Posted by Dianne at June 10, 2008 2:12 PM

Comments

We're having polenta with broccoli rabe and mushrooms.

Last night we had quesadillas with -- get this -- Granny Smith Apples, sauerkraut and low fat cheddar. They were REALLY good.

Posted by: Allie at June 10, 2008 3:34 PM

We are having leftover tri-tip from a few days ago. I'm also going to make some kind of green bean, tomato, and onion mixture. If I make different sides from the original meal, I get way less "comments".

Posted by: Noelle Markus at June 10, 2008 9:21 PM

Hello Dianne: It has been steaming - I made up some spiced chicken in my slow cooker today; so much better than sweltering over the stove. Heather

Posted by: Heather Peskin at June 10, 2008 10:30 PM

Allie, I'm not a big fan of sour kraut, but the apple and cheddar sound amazing! Have you ever had hot apple pie with melted cheddar on top? I was served it that way once and it was really good!

Noelle, I have to admit I'd tell Jamison to eat it and be quiet! ;o) LOL

Heather, we've finally cooled off a bit here. I hope it has cooled off where you are too! :o)

Posted by: Dianne at June 11, 2008 10:34 AM

I LOVE apple pie with cheddar. My husband thought I was crazy when I told him that -- which I thought was crazy, b/c he's from the Midwest and they put cheese on everything, but I think it's an east coast thing. It's so good!

Posted by: Allie at June 11, 2008 4:15 PM

Thank you for your honesty. I know I need more of a backbone!

Posted by: Noelle Markus at June 11, 2008 9:15 PM

Allie, I love it with cheddar too! The two flavors just add something to each other.

Noelle, I used to be really timid (and am still in social situations), but one thing that really brings me out of my shell is intimidation. My grandmother was not so nice to me (i.e. verbally abusive) for years and one day I finally told her to stick it! It wasn't until after I met Jamison that I realized my worth and that I didn't have to put up with crap from anyone, even her. As a result I forgave my grandmother, though she never stopped being cruel, but I removed myself from her because she tried to keep me down and people that try to keep other people down to make themselves feel good are not the kind of people to surround yourself with. It took a while, but I learned to love myself and that was a very hard path to go down, but I did and now I'm self confident. I may still be quiet and sort of shy in person if I don't know you, but I believe in myself and I stand up for what I believe in. Luckily Jamison is the kindest man I've ever known and he let's me just be me. He adores me and I adore him and more importantly we believe in each other. If I say I want to go to the moon he makes it happen, though I try not abuse that fact. He's a picky eater, but if he doesn't like something he just doesn't eat it and doesn't make a big deal about it, but then again if he tried I wouldn't let him. I give him grief about not liking/trying things, but he's pretty laid back about the whole thing, but he's pretty laid back about most things...Now I'm just rambling!

Anyway, all of that to sort of explains where I am now and why I have been known to use my voice from time to time. :o)

Posted by: Dianne at June 11, 2008 9:34 PM

Thank you for that. I've reread it so many times.

Posted by: Noelle Markus at June 16, 2008 8:55 PM

Just thought it might shed a little light on where I am now and what it took to get there. :o)

Posted by: Dianne at June 17, 2008 7:48 AM