« Black Chick Pea Salad | Main | Tuesdays With Dorie: My Version Of A Mixed Berry Cobbler, With A Mini Blueberry Sidecar Cobbler On The Side »

June 23, 2008

I have some boneless, skinless, chicken breasts thawed, but I don't know what I want to do with them yet. It's a very warm day today too so I know I don't want to heat up the oven. I've got some asparagus I need to use too...Who knows??!?!?

Update: 5:53 PM: Baking some chicken in the toaster oven with a little seasoning blend. Going to make some potatoes for Jamison and some asparagus for me and Miss G. Dinner will be a little late, but that's ok. :o)

Posted by Dianne at June 23, 2008 2:39 PM

Comments

I found myself in the same situation today - so I threw them into the slow cooker and covered them with green chili enchilada sauce - once the meat has cooked I'll shred it and mix the sauce through. This is my "emergency" way to make mexican-style chicken without a lot of work. The kids use it for tacos, nachos, etc. If I am feeling ambitious later I might make mexican rice, but I'll have to find a recipe for it!

Posted by: Megan at June 23, 2008 3:10 PM

I still haven't figured out what I want yet. Given it's 5 and we usually eat at 6 I guess I should get on that! :o)

Posted by: Dianne at June 23, 2008 5:13 PM

Thanks for the recipe for the rice, I used to eat Rice a Roni as a kid - and it's not until you are an adult you realize how bad it is for you! I am going to add corn to the rice as well - and anything else that's laying around!!

Posted by: Megan at June 23, 2008 5:33 PM

Hope you enjoy it! I was going to make some too after I sent you the recipe, but I realized I was out of tomatoes. Oh well! :o)

Posted by: Dianne at June 23, 2008 8:24 PM

I am going to roast asparagus in olive oil and pepper. After it cools, I'm going to wrap each one in wild salmon (that's why I don't salt the asparagus.) I'll probably add a salad to make the meal more rounded and filling.

Posted by: Noelle Markus at June 23, 2008 9:17 PM

I like the idea of wrapping the asparagus in salmon!

Posted by: Dianne at June 25, 2008 5:03 PM