« Fruit Salad a la Alexis | Main | What's For Dinner? »

June 4, 2008

So I'm feeling blah today. Do you ever have one of those days where you just feel eh? It's cloudy and dreary and I'm sure that's not helping matters. So what does this have to do with anything? Who knows. Welcome to my world people...It's that kind of day! ;oP

On the dinner front I'm drawing a blank. I was going to make a slimmed down version of General Tso's Chicken that wasn't breaded or fried, BUT I don't have any broccoli on hand and really you need steamed broccoli to make General Tso's Chicken come together. I have a bag of frozen broccoli, but it's just no the same for this dish.

So since I have chicken ready to go I guess I'll come up with something to utilize that...What? I'm not sure yet, but something chickeny is in order I suppose...Or maybe not. Now you see what I'm saying! ;oP

Update: 7:21 PM: I ended up making some pan grilled chicken sandwiches on whole grain bread with grilled mushrooms and provolone along with Old Bay oven fries.

Posted by Dianne at June 4, 2008 1:48 PM

Comments

Ha! I was just about to tell you about this neat chicken dish I made the other night, but it totally has broccoli in it too! That wouldn't help. http://www.realage.com/NutritionCenter/Recipes/Chicken_Charred_Tomato_and_Broccoli_Salad.aspx That's the recipe. And what we're having for dinner tonight (leftovers). It's really good, but next time I'll just stick the tomatoes in the broiler. The pan charring was a pain and it smoked up the house big time.

I totally want your non-breaded General Tso's recipe.

Posted by: Allie at June 4, 2008 1:56 PM

I'm visiting my parents, and their house is always full of all kinds of food, but when it comes to mealtime, they eat a lot more red meat and white potatoes and that kind of thing than I like, so I usually eat my own thing (or cook for everyone!) I think I'm going to do something with a can of coconut milk, a box of whole wheat cous cous, and some frozen sugar snap peas that I've found while rummaging around today...

Posted by: Emily at June 4, 2008 2:23 PM

That's the story of my life these days, have something in mind for dinner but am missing a crucial ingredient. I'm sure you'll come up with something great! We're having burritos with rice, cheese and ground turkey.

Posted by: Karen at June 4, 2008 4:02 PM

I am going to bake Chicken Parmesan and roast asparagus.

Posted by: Noelle Markus at June 4, 2008 6:33 PM

I will post the GTC as soon as I finish it! ;o)

Peas are always good!

I'm always forgetting something these days! LOL

Chicken Parmesan sounds fabulous!

Posted by: Dianne at June 4, 2008 7:48 PM

I hate those kinda days... but what can ya do, heh?
I made some poached salmon over kale with ginger and garlic. It was my first shot at poached salmon and I think I over cooked it by just a minute or two but overall it was super easy and yummy. I'm gonna have to give it another shot.

Hope you have a better tomorrow:)!!

Posted by: Dani at June 5, 2008 12:18 AM

I do feel much better today! :o)

Posted by: Dianne at June 5, 2008 1:31 PM