« Pineapple Chicken Salad | Main | What's For Dinner? »

June 6, 2008

Yikes it's hot! This afternoon and for the next few days we're under an extreme heat advisory. Two weeks ago we were in the 50's and now we're supposed to hit 98 tomorrow! Dear lord! So in sticking with the I'm not going to heat up the oven anymore than I have to theme we're going to have turkey club sandwiches and some sliced veggies.

Tomorrow we're having some friends over for an early dinner. I'm still trying to figure out what to do for then too given it's supposed to be so hot...

Posted by Dianne at June 6, 2008 4:03 PM

Comments

porkchops.steamed veggies. corn on the cob.

Posted by: Dar at June 6, 2008 4:52 PM

porkchops.steamed veggies. corn on the cob.

Posted by: Dar at June 6, 2008 4:54 PM

Corn...Yum!

Posted by: Dianne at June 6, 2008 5:25 PM

It's funny how the weather varies from place to place!
Where I live, it hits 98 degrees all the time, but when it (very rarely) gets below 50, we get extreme cold advisories on the Weather Channel!

Posted by: Emily at June 6, 2008 5:56 PM

It's Friday and I'm tired! I'm going to broil hotdogs and heat up corn tortillas. I make these "hotdog tacos" with my fave red salsa. I serve it with a side of mac and cheese and put the salsa on that too. My picky husband actually likes this meal! I got the idea from street vendors that I would see selling bacon wrapped hotdogs with peppers and onions in a corn tortilla. I never bought one, but it smelled so good. Every time I make this meal, I'm too tired to chop onion and pepper and babysit bacon.

Posted by: Noelle Markus at June 6, 2008 6:55 PM

When my sister and I were little we used to make lunch for my parents some Sunday afternoons. We'd cook a box of macaroni and cheese, cut up some hot dogs and add them into the mix and then open a can of peas and heat that up too. There was also some sort of bread involved, but I don't remember now what that was.

Posted by: Dianne at June 7, 2008 7:04 PM

Oh and on the heat advisory/heat warning...I think it's because our humidity is so high on top of the heat. It just makes for a nasty sticky mess!

Posted by: Dianne at June 7, 2008 7:08 PM