« What's For Dinner? | Main | Mashed Sweet Potatoes with a Honey Drizzle »

July 23, 2008

Greek Yogurt Peppercorn Ranch Dressing

Greek Yogurt Peppercorn Ranch Dressing

I'll be completely honest with you...I used to detest Ranch dressing. I don't know what it was, but I just didn't care for it, but recently I've been really hooked on homemade Ranch dressing. A lot of time the bottled stuff just comes off as too sweet, which is sort of silly given it shouldn't be sweet at all, but the homemade stuff I can handle, though it's fun to kick it up a notch and that is just what I did.

Greek yogurt gives this ranch a nice under tone, while the freshly cracked pepper gives it a nice kick. It's just perfect for salads, vegetable dipping or even oven baked chicken. It's always nice to have a versatile, quick and ridiculously easy dressing to go to! If Ranch is your dressing of choice then this is a must try for you!

Greek Yogurt Peppercorn Ranch Dressing

What You'll Need:
1 cup of buttermilk
1 cup of light mayonnaise (Note: I like Hellmann's.)
1 cup of fat free Greek Yogurt (Note: As always I recommend Oikos.)
1 envelope of dry Ranch dressing/dip mix
Freshly ground black pepper

Mix together buttermilk, mayonnaise and Greek yogurt until completely smooth. Stir in Ranch dressing mix until completely incorporated. Add a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper until well mixed. Chill for at least 1 hour and serve or serve immediately.

Notes: You could leave out the black pepper if you liked, but I really like the flavor it adds.

Posted by Dianne at July 23, 2008 10:23 AM

Comments

I'm willing to try anything that has Greek yogurt in it!

Posted by: Noelle Markus at July 23, 2008 3:17 PM

Hi! :)

We're inviting you to join our blogroll!

The Key Ingredient blogroll features a growing list of food blogs that focus on baking and cooking a combination of sweet and savory foods.

Please contact sophiekiblogger@gmail.com for more details on how to join the blogroll or sign up at http://blog.keyingredient.com/BlogrollSignup.html

Warm Regards,
Sophie
KI's Chief Blogger

Posted by: Sophie at July 23, 2008 5:02 PM

Ranch dressing has always been my favorite dressing. I like it on just about anything...well maybe not everything but there is so much I eat it with. Maybe its a Texas thing. This looks like a great recipe to make it at home. I'll definitely be giving it a try! Thanks!

Posted by: Heather B at July 23, 2008 6:04 PM

I don't like ranch dressing........but maybe I should try and make my own!

Posted by: Hannah at July 23, 2008 6:51 PM

I don't like ranch dressing........but maybe I should try and make my own!

Posted by: Hannah at July 23, 2008 6:51 PM

Blue cheese is my favorite dressing, followed closely by thousand island. I am coming around to Ranch though, especially homemade!

Posted by: Dianne at July 24, 2008 1:14 PM