« Peach Ice Cream | Main | Mint Chocolate "Chip" Ice Cream »

July 12, 2008

Tonight is homemade pizza night! I wish we had a grill. I've been seeing a lot of grilled pizza recipes out there and I'd love to give that whirl. Maybe soon...

Posted by Dianne at July 12, 2008 2:52 PM

Comments

I think we're having some leftover bison burgers -- oh I need to go take them out of the freezer! :)

Posted by: katherine at July 12, 2008 6:00 PM

I've got a bison steak in the freezer. I keep meaning to pull it out, but then forget about it until after dinner is already finished! :o)

Posted by: Dianne at July 12, 2008 6:36 PM

Tony brought home chicken tacos for him and shrimp tacos for me.

Posted by: Noelle Markus at July 12, 2008 11:27 PM

I've never had a shrimp taco, but it intrigues me. I think I'm going to have to play around with that! A few years ago my mom, sister and I went to a local Mexican place and I had a fish taco and I must say I wasn't really impressed with that, but I think shrimp would be fabulous!

Posted by: Dianne at July 13, 2008 9:30 AM

There are many taco stands as well as "fast food chain" taco restaurants around here. These tacos come from one of those chain restaurants, but they really do a good job. They grill the shrimp and 2 corn tortillas. Then they fill up the tortillas with shredded cabbage, some kind of creamy guacamole sauce AND sliced avocado. There is a salsa bar with at least 8 different kinds of salsa plus cilantro, jalapeno, onions, lemon, etc. They have an avocado salsa that I put on top. I end up with a party in my mouth!

Posted by: Noelle Markus at July 13, 2008 12:20 PM

Sometimes the chain restaurants get it right! I love local Mexican places, but every once in a while I like to go to Don Pablo's. I really like their menu. I like Olive Garden occasionally for Italian too.

Avocado salsa sounds heavenly. I think I may have to play around with that too! :o)

Posted by: Dianne at July 13, 2008 2:28 PM