« Wild Rice Squash Bake | Main | Cucumber Salad »

July 17, 2008

I've been working on a schedule all day and my eyes are crossing!

Let's talk about dinner now shall we?

Tonight we're having pan grilled steak (plain for Alexis and Jamison, a little blue cheese on top for me), toaster oven baked potatoes (plain for Jamison, sour cream and chives for me) and fresh cucumbers for Alexis and me.

Update: 4:21 PM: I decided to add a little Cajun seasoning mix to the steaks to "marinate".

Posted by Dianne at July 17, 2008 2:50 PM

Comments

grilled tilapia ... and maybe grilled sweet corn to go with it(?)

Posted by: Carrie at July 17, 2008 3:16 PM

Like I said, I don't really do dinner, I just had some scrambled eggs, bread and milk.

On the other hand, at lunch I had a bacon, chicken and pineaple brochette with french fries, tomatoes and "migas de couve" (collard greens sautéed with bread and black eyed beans). Oh, and flan pudding for dessert. Yum!

Posted by: Ana at July 17, 2008 4:59 PM

Posted by: Ana at July 17, 2008 5:01 PM

I haven't had tilapia in a long time!

I had eggs last night too.

Posted by: Dianne at July 17, 2008 8:35 PM

well we are having chicken and thyme with tortelleni and roasted tomatoes :-)

Posted by: dhanggit at July 18, 2008 3:54 AM

we had some chicken and thyme in tortellini and roasted tomatoes to go with..great idea of sharing what we had for dinner :-)

Posted by: dhanggit at July 18, 2008 3:57 AM

I made my version of huevas rancheros, which is basically fried eggs on top of corn tortillas with chili or salsa (or both) and refried beans. I really like to make my own refried beans. I make bacon, then drain the fat into a pan and heat up garlic and onion in the fat. Then I add two cans of pinto beans and I mash them with my potato masher utensil.

Posted by: Noelle Markus at July 18, 2008 11:25 AM

I like most anything that has tortelleni!

Your refried beans sound much like mine, although I don't use bacon.

Posted by: Dianne at July 19, 2008 10:49 AM