« Mashed Sweet Potatoes with a Honey Drizzle | Main | Blueberry Pomegranate Fizz »

July 24, 2008

Tonight we're doing simple...Simple in that I don't have to think about anything in terms of cooking since my head is still a little fuzzy from yesterday's migrainepalooza! We're having burgers, baked beans and potato salad.

Posted by Dianne at July 24, 2008 1:06 PM

Comments

We are navigating through a sea of CSA lettuce, so it may be more salad. I can eat salad for every meal, but I predict the husband will get tired of it pretty soon.

Posted by: Allie at July 24, 2008 1:22 PM

Carrot cream soup and maybe a "requeijão" (similar to ricotta) and lettuce sandwich.

Posted by: Ana at July 24, 2008 1:28 PM

What is CSA?
Anyway, tonight we are going to have rosemary, thyme, parsley, lemon, olive oil chicken thighs with some smashed potatoes with parsley, basil, chives, butter, and half and half. I'm going to saute green beans with garlic, olive oil, and whole grain mustard. I haven't made this in a while, but I like that it has tons of fresh herbs in the meal.

Posted by: Noelle Markus at July 24, 2008 1:28 PM

I could eat salad every meal too! There are so many different ways and things you can do with salad!

I've never had carrot soup before, though I've wanted to experiment with it.

CSA means "Community Supported Agriculture". You can buy a "share" of the farm and then the deliver, or in some cases you go pick up, a share of fruits and/or vegetables and/or herbs and/or eggs, chicken, etc.

Posted by: Dianne at July 24, 2008 1:31 PM

bean, rice and cheese burritos...nothing fancy here.

Posted by: Karen at July 24, 2008 2:08 PM

The one I do is really easy:

3 medium potatoes
2 carrots
1 turnip
1 onion
1 or 2 cloves of garlic
1 table spoon of olive oil
1 table spoon of tomato purée or 2 tinned tomatos
salt to taste

Peel the vegetables and cut into pieces. Put into the pot with the rest of the ingredients and add water until the vegetables are covered. Boil until everything is cooked through, then blend. Add a bit of water if you want the soup to be thinner. Check if it needs salt.

You can do it without the turnip, but I find it cuts the sweetness of the carrots rather nicely.

A variant that is rather nice as well is done substituting the turnip with about 200 gr of flat green beans, and then adding some savory once the soup is done.

Posted by: Ana at July 24, 2008 2:08 PM

pizza

Posted by: Dar at July 24, 2008 2:24 PM

Karen, may not be fancy, but it sounds good to me! :o)

Ana, that sounds wonderful!

Dar, pizza is always good!

Posted by: Dianne at July 24, 2008 2:52 PM

the last of the roast beef and veggies from earlier this week. What doesn't get eaten tonight gets frozen to become beef stew sometime in the next few months. :)

Posted by: katherine at July 24, 2008 9:05 PM

We never end up with left over roast beef. Alexis snacks on what is left over a couple of days so it never makes it to the freezer. Of course she calls it "roast beast". :o)

Posted by: Dianne at July 25, 2008 8:57 AM