« Comment Moderation | Main | Planning...What Would You Like To See? »

July 26, 2008

Tonight we're having Kicked Up Barbeque Chicken with local corn on the cob and a tomato salad. I'll make some rice for Jamison to go with his chicken.

P.S. I have a couple of awards that I need to share. I'm hoping to have time to do that tomorrow. I haven't forgotten, I've been trying to get a few things done. It's seems lately I don't have enough hours in the day to get everything done, but I'm sure you know what that is like! :oP

Update: 3:50 PM: After planning out dinner I had a complete change of heart. Jamison wants lasagna so I'm making him a single serving lasagna and one for Alexis too. I'm going to make some Chicken Fajita Nachos for me since I'm not really in a real lasagna mood today. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow! ;o)

Posted by Dianne at July 26, 2008 12:05 PM

Comments

ugh. I have no idea what I'm having for dinner. I'm tempted to go with pizza :P

Totally right there with you on not enough hours in the day!

Posted by: Moni at July 26, 2008 5:50 PM

I bought Italian sausage at the butcher yesterday. I also got fennel in my produce box this week so I'm going to make an Italian whole wheat pasta meal with fennel, garlic, onion and the sausage.

Posted by: Noelle Markus at July 26, 2008 9:05 PM

I've never made lasagna in my life, much less single serving lasagna. How do you do that? I'm going to be in Minnesota from Aug. 7- 14 because my sister is going to have a baby, and it would be very nice of me to leave some food in the freezer for Tony who loves lasagna! Help!

Posted by: Noelle Markus at July 26, 2008 9:13 PM

We had BBQ, creamed corn, bread and fruit.

Posted by: Hannah at July 26, 2008 9:42 PM

Monica, Pizza is always good! Of course now that Jamison has the gf issues we can't really order it anymore. Bummer. We do make it though.

Noelle, this is my basic lasagna that Alexis and I eat. Jamison eats a version that is simply gluten free lasagna noodles, sauce, ground beef and rice mozzarella. But either version you can do in singles. I have some small dishes and I just layer everything in them. Then you just bake. You could easily freeze them too and then just put them right in the oven. You could either bake them first and then your husband could thaw and reheat or you could just freeze them after you made them and then put them in the oven frozen and bake for an hour or so until you can stick a fork in the noodles and they are soft. If there is any resistance at all then it's still partially frozen.

I've been in a barbeque mood lately. I think it's all this hot summer weather! :o)

Posted by: Dianne at July 27, 2008 9:57 AM