« Outrageous! | Main | Bacon Cheese Curly Fries »

July 28, 2008

Tonight is fajita night! I'm trying something a little different by cooking the beef in the slow cooker. I've never made it that way before. I'll make some rice for Jamison since he can't eat tortillas and I can't find a gluten free variety locally anyway. For Alexis and I I'll make some beans to go along with them.

Posted by Dianne at July 28, 2008 3:27 PM

Comments

Hot sandwich (scrambled egg and cheese) and pineapple.

Posted by: Ana at July 28, 2008 3:56 PM

We had bbq'd spareribs that I had slathered with a cajun marinade, bbq'd corn on the cobb, sliced cucumbers and coleslaw. I'm curious myself how fajitas in a slow cooker would work, though I prefer to grill mine (veggies too.)

Posted by: Jenny at July 28, 2008 6:29 PM

Oh my gosh! We are also having fajitas tonight!

Posted by: Noelle Markus at July 28, 2008 9:07 PM

The slow cooker sounds like a great idea!

I cooked so much this weekend for a friends cookout that tonight I had leftovers from the party. Grilled teriyaki chicken breasts, green bean salad, and corn on the cob. And it was still yummy.

Posted by: annie at July 28, 2008 9:38 PM

The fajitas in the slow cooker worked out well. I was very impressed! :o)

Ana, I've never had an egg sandwich with cheese. I do like cheese on scrambled eggs though. It goes well.

Jenny, BBQ corn on the cob sounds fabulous! I'm going to have to try that!

Noelle, fajitas were often seen our our table before we discovered that Jamison could not have gluten. I haven't made them a lot since then though since I can't find a gluten free tortilla locally.

Annie, I like left over nights! It sounds like yours was fabulous!

Posted by: Dianne at July 29, 2008 8:55 AM

I'd never had it either. I was actually going to make scrambled egg with cheese, then saw the sandwich maker and thought, why not?

Posted by: Ana at July 29, 2008 9:44 AM

That's how I ended up liking grilled cheese with mustard. For some reason the idea just popped into my head years ago and I've eaten my grilled cheese sandwiches with mustard every since.

Posted by: Dianne at July 29, 2008 12:53 PM

I use corn tortillas when we make fajitas. Not quite the same, but a good substitute.

Posted by: Allie at July 30, 2008 4:48 PM

I like corn tortillas...Sadly Jamison not so much. He's too picky for his own good sometimes! :o)

Posted by: Dianne at July 31, 2008 1:56 PM