« Operation Baking GALS! | Main | Daring Bakers July 2008: Filbert Gateau with Praline Buttercream, But Make Mine An Excused Absence Instead »

July 29, 2008

Tonight we're having herb roasted chicken (I like the use the leftovers for other things and I need to make some broth!) and baked potatoes. Alexis and I will also be having some local corn on the cob and some "sushi" pickles.

It's time to get ready and go to swim lessons! And Alexis would like to you know..."Finally!" ;oP

Update: 4:09 PM: When we got back from Miss G's swim class and I started to get everything ready to put the chicken in the oven I discovered it's still frozen solid! I briefly thought about waffles, but we don't have enough maple syrup. I was trying to think of something else we could have with the original side dishes, but I'm not having much luck with that either. Back to the drawing board!

Update: 4:41 PM: We're going to have left over meat from last night with the same sides as listed above. Who says compromise isn't good? ;oP

Update: 5:51 PM: When I cooked the corn on the cob it turned fluorescent orange! Fluorescent orange? No way that is natural or are we eating it...WTF? I pulled some frozen corn out of the freezer and we are having that instead.

Posted by Dianne at July 29, 2008 12:55 PM

Comments

Orange corn is scary freaky. I just got home and I think I'm going to make an old RR spaghetti with fennel, onion, garlic, anchovy (I LOVE anchovies), bread crumbs, pine nuts, and red pepper flakes. However, I'd rather eat your bacon cheese curly fries!

Posted by: Noelle Markus at July 29, 2008 9:07 PM

i look forward to your what's for dinner posts everyday! Just wanted to let you know I left an award for you on my blog! I love visiting your blog everyday!

Posted by: Heather B at July 29, 2008 11:31 PM

Other than Caesar salad I've never really had anchovies. That's an interesting combo! :o)

Thanks Heather! I'm just now catching up on my blog reading (or trying to anyway!) That was very sweet of you. I'll pop over in a bit and see. :o)

Posted by: Dianne at July 31, 2008 1:52 PM

What does "WTF" mean?

Posted by: Patricia at July 31, 2008 10:50 PM

It's an acronym for "What the (fill in the blank)!" or basically "what in the world??" Just a short hand way of saying "what is happening here??" but not actually using the curse word to do it.

Posted by: Dianne at August 1, 2008 9:45 AM

Hmmmm, that's what I thought....just didn't expect the "f" word on this delightful blog. I've enjoyed the recipes and creative, humorous writing. Oh well, my "Favorites" list was too long anyway. Blessings to you!

Posted by: Patricia at August 1, 2008 11:55 AM

I don't normally use the word, but the color the corn turned really sort of freaked me out. I still don't know what made it turn that color and no one I've talked to seems to know either, but just thinking about it makes me cringe!

Posted by: Dianne at August 1, 2008 12:06 PM