August 25, 2008
Very Good Taste's Omnivore's Hundred
Here are the instructions:
1. Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2. Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3. Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4. Optional extra: Post a comment here at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile (No Crocodile, but I have had Alligator!)
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
24. Rice and beans
Brawn, or head cheese
Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float
Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty gin martini
Beer above 8% ABV (Not a fan of beer.)
60. Carob chips
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
Roadkill (Deer that's been accidentally run over)
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail (Does Conch count?)
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare (Does Rabbit count?)
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee (Not a fan of coffee either.)
100. Snake (I've had rattlesnake.)
So there you have it...That's what I've eaten. What about you? Play along on your own blog or even in the comments below!
Posted by Dianne at August 25, 2008 10:54 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
We need to order some calamari when we are together. That stuff is wonderful! So is pistachio gelato. It's one of my favs!
Who the heck eats horse?
I'm with you on the haggis and black pudding. Yuck.
Posted by: Dar at August 25, 2008 11:15 AM
I thought you used to put carob chips in your granola / trail mix. :)
Posted by: katherine at August 25, 2008 12:22 PM
Dar, I've been meaning to try calamari for a long time, but never seem to remember when I'm out! We'll put it on our list of things to do when you are here! ;o) As for horse it's popular in some cultures. I don't think I could eat it though.
Katherine, nope those are cocoa nibs! :o)
Posted by: Dianne at August 25, 2008 1:09 PM
My assistant, Heather, is a huge pocky fan...and I have gotten to try her strawberry pocky. It is good. Kinda like a short bread twizzle stick dipped in strawberry icing.
Posted by: Dar at August 25, 2008 1:47 PM
That's an interesting list - but just out of burning curiosity, what's wrong with pistachio ice cream? I wouldn't go out of my way to order it, because I'd rather eat chocolate.
Posted by: Megan at August 25, 2008 4:55 PM
That sounds good Dar!
There is something about pistachios that sort of weird me out. I'm not sure how to explain it...I'm with you on the chocolate myself! :o)
Posted by: Dianne at August 25, 2008 5:45 PM