« Parmesan Roasted Rosemary Potatoes | Main | Mexican Lasagna »

August 19, 2008

Tonight we're having guests over for dinner. That's always fun! We're having fajitas (pan made this time I decided it was too hot outside so I pulled out the crock pot instead!), "Refried" Beans, queso, tortilla chips, Fresh "Salsa" and roasted peppers and onions to go on the fajitas. We'll also have cheese and sour cream for topping if desired.

For dessert we're having a peanut butter cheesecake with a chocolate crust (I made Jamison a gluten free version with no crust), topped with hot fudge and freshly whipped cream.

To drink I took some of the concentrate from the Strawberry Lemonade Punch in the freezer and simply made Strawberry Lemonade instead. I also made some Passion Fruit iced tea. I'll have sugar or a zero calorie sweetener for the tea if needed, but I think it's best just straight up and of course we'll have water if either of the above choices don't suit.

Update: 3:17 PM: I forgot about the Mexican rice! We're having that too! :o)

Posted by Dianne at August 19, 2008 12:46 PM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference What's For Dinner?:

» Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Hot Fudge and Whipped Cream from Diannes Dishes
I adore cheesecake and if you've been around Dianne's Dishes for a while you've probably heard me say that before! Seriously a cheesecake food group? Anyone?? Essentially I have a basic cheesecake recipe base that I tweak to make... [Read More]

Tracked on August 21, 2008 7:43 AM

Comments

Your rosemary-roasted potatoes plus something else, not sure yet, with homemade coconut gelato for dessert.

Posted by: Lori at August 19, 2008 1:02 PM

Your dessert sounds delicious! :o)

Posted by: Dianne at August 19, 2008 1:31 PM

Chicken and veggies. Boring. Can I come to your place instead?

Posted by: Karen at August 19, 2008 1:36 PM

Sure...I'll set another place at the table! ;oP

Posted by: Dianne at August 19, 2008 3:18 PM

frozen fish (wow - aren't I adventurous?), homemade slaw (need to use the rest of last weeks cabbage), fries, fresh tomatoes . . . not sure what else -- I need to go scour the fridge and see what else we need to eat! :)

The fajitas do sound awesome,though. (oh - and you can sign me up for some coconut gelato, too!!) :)

Posted by: katherine at August 19, 2008 3:53 PM

What am I having? Obviously, I'm coming to your house! :-) Wonderful menu. Don't you love crockpots? We love to make country style ribs, the kind that are all meat with no bones and there's no better way than to throw those babies in the crockpot. It's a lifesaver, well, at least it makes life and entertaining easier, eh?

Have fun tonight!

Posted by: Glenna at August 19, 2008 4:09 PM

We had cool veggie pizza and deviled eggs!

Posted by: Hannah at August 19, 2008 9:52 PM

I found a recipe for hamburgers mixed with parmesan cheese and topped with Caesar salad all inside a pita! I'm baking frozen French fries and topping them with a garlic butter that I make in the microwave.

Posted by: Noelle Markus at August 19, 2008 9:52 PM

Your menu sounds yummy! How did you do the fajitas in the crockpot? I'm curious!

Posted by: Kristen at August 19, 2008 9:57 PM

Wow, everyone's meals sound fabulous...Maybe I'll come to your houses! :o)

Posted by: Dianne at August 20, 2008 11:04 PM