« Try It You'll Like It: Michele's Granola | Main | This Afternoon... »

September 12, 2008

Fall is coming! I can just feel it! We're having a lovely, cloudy, windy, cool, very fall like day! Yeah! I'm so happy for Fall! ;oP

I'm also happy today because of these:

Concord Grapes

It's Concord Grape season! I stopped by the orchard on the way to the library, because the gentleman who owns the place had told me last Friday they would most likely be in this week and they were! I wait all year long for this and I am beside myself with glee! Lex loves them too!

Now let's talk some dinner, since that's what you thought this entry was supposed to be about to begin with! ;oP

Tonight Jamison is cooking, or in other words he's picking up take out! ;oP He's having steak hibachi, Alexis is having edamame and rice and I'm having egg drop soup and something as yet to be decided. I can't find my menu for the place, so I may have to call Jamison and make him read me the parts I might be interested in! ;oP

Update: 1:26 PM: I decided to have Kung Poa Shrimp!

Posted by Dianne at September 12, 2008 12:27 PM

Comments

Hmm, I love grapes. Those look gorgeous.

I'm having hidden duck rice today and then maybe some pineapple.

Posted by: Ana at September 12, 2008 2:39 PM

We are having some kind of pasta salad. We have a lot of veggies still in the fridge from last week so I guess I will put them in there, zucchini, summer squash, green and red peppers and some chicken. Just going to make up my own recipe:)Hope it tastes good!

Posted by: Hannah at September 12, 2008 3:10 PM

Ana, I haven't had pineapple in a while! I think I may have to pick one up while we are out tomorrow!

Hannah, I love mix and match salads...They always turn out great!

Posted by: Dianne at September 12, 2008 4:20 PM

There were grapes in our box from the farm this week! I'm enjoying just eating them, but no one else around here seems to like them that way. Maybe I should just make jelly out of them? (again - it would just be for me -- I'm the only grape fan in this house apparently). I just don't want them to go bad!

For dinner, we're having leftover fried okra from last night, green beans and baked potatoes (all from the farm!) with leftover steak for Ben and Nelson and some leftover chicken dressing for me!

Posted by: katherine at September 12, 2008 5:13 PM

Last year I ended up juicing the grapes I had left that I had gotten tired of eating. Of course that comes later in the season, but in all reality the season isn't that long.

Posted by: Dianne at September 12, 2008 5:45 PM

It is the 8th day of 1st grade, and I am wiped out! We are having balsamic chicken and orzo leftovers, and then I'm going to sleep!

Posted by: Noelle Markus at September 12, 2008 9:01 PM

I don't think I've ever had a concord grapes straight from the vine. Intriguing! We had left over tri-tip with pasta and fruit.

Posted by: Karen at September 12, 2008 9:46 PM

Noelle, isn't it amazing how fast teaching can drain you? It's very rewarding too though!

Karen, Concord grapes off the vine are fabulous! Try them if you get the chance. :o)

Posted by: Dianne at September 13, 2008 6:56 PM