« What's For Dinner? | Main | Kicking Up A Tomato Sandwich With Cornmeal Waffles! »

September 1, 2009

A Note, What's For Dinner? And Week 16 Of Our CSA!

FYI

Hey everyone!

First up I just wanted to let you know that I may not be posting a recipe every day on Monday through Thursday anymore. I will post a recipe on the the days when I can, but on days like today when things get a bit crazy it will most likely just be What's For Dinner?! Now that Lex is in 1st grade we've got more work on our plate so it makes it a bit more difficult.

Now let's take a peak in our CSA bag this week!

CSA Week 16

We got more basil (I already hung this bunch up to dry!), more raspberries (which Alexis has been eating since I'm not a fan), some pears, bell peppers, green/yellow beans, Roma tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash and fingerling potatoes.

Now let's talk bout What's For Dinner?!

Tonight I am actually craving spaghettti and for those of you who have been around Dianne's Dishes for a while you know that is rare! Jamison will have gluten free spaghetti with meat sauce, Lex will have fettuccine noodles with tomato sauce and I'll have fettuccine noodles with a mushroom garlic sauce, which I'll add onions, green peppers, more mushrooms and possibly some ground beef, topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. We'll also have garlic bread (gluten free for Jamison) and a salad for Lex and me.

Posted by Dianne at September 1, 2009 1:23 PM

Comments

I am making a linguine with a canned tuna marinara. It sounds strange, but it's good!

Posted by: Noelle Markus at September 1, 2009 7:57 PM

must be something in the air . . . I am craving spaghetti today, too. But, since we just had lasagna last night - I think I'll wait a few days to make it. :)

Posted by: Katherine at September 1, 2009 10:58 PM

Seems like it's a pasta night all around!

Posted by: Dianne at September 1, 2009 11:33 PM

Dianne just wait! You think 1st grade's busy? Each year it gets worse! I've got three and what little free time I had is now completely gone. It's like I'm back in school myself!
~ingrid

Posted by: ingrid at September 2, 2009 9:21 AM

I am posting last and late, as usual. Last night, we had chicken quesadillas with caramelized onions and red peppers. We also had canteloupe and watermelon. It was so yummy!!!! We eat kind of late and I don't have time to post until the next day.

Posted by: Nella at September 2, 2009 4:57 PM

It especially gets busier in terms of homeschool as the classes pick up and thing too! It's fun though, so I won't complain...Too much! ;oP

I love caramelized onions! One of my all time favorite things. I made a quesadilla the other day with caramelized onions and cheese. It was so good!

Posted by: Dianne at September 3, 2009 1:22 PM